Discuss Floor Fail in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

I was asked to look at a floor which has failed twice, first time it had been down 8 months the tiles had become loose, builder came in and removed and relayed with the same tiler who fixed them first time.
It's now been down since march and becoming loose again, had a look and managed to pull a tile up.
18mm ply with ufh, slc laid (allegedly) and customer has no idea what wattage the ufh is, laid with Ultra rapid set.

What do you think may the problem why it failed.

SAM_0379.JPG SAM_0380.JPG SAM_0381.JPG SAM_0382.JPG SAM_0383.JPG

W

White Room

Severe dehydration of adhesive, ufh probably not turned off?
Adhesive seems to have been dot and dabbed also.
Deffinetly no slc and if so wrong type for installation, there's no way that the correct slc would have separated from the cables like that, not a chance!
And obviously all of above, no back buttering etc.
It looks like a diy'ers first attempt!

Ufh was never turned allegedly as it was only laid in March.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Floor Fail in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, hoping for some advice.... Had a anhydrite screed laid early Feb. Looking at laying 20mm...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I’m after a bit of advice. I’ve just removed the floor tiles in our on suite. After...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! So I got to a job yesterday downstairs wetroom floor with mains underfloor heating...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB