Discuss floor formers.....how much? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

JDX

Thank you for the reply Dave, I will spend a bit more time looking...haven't found the right thing yet, have looked at PHG & Tilefix & also Impey (huge prices), marmox, Topps, Kaskade, maxxus, Schluter, aquafix & others over the last couple of days. I am trying to avoid diagonal cuts in the tiles, prefering a minimalistic look - have built the stud walls either side & the rear of the wetroom is an external wall, so the waste can go straight out into the stack easily, so I want a linear full width 1200 waste which can butt up against the external wall, any suggestions greatly appreciated. I'm now thinking, maybe I could make something myself with a slope to the drain...do you professional guys ever do that?

Just had a couple of bad shower formers from the Bathstore the lip on the drain edge was not deep enough it was only about 5mm high and had a long slimline center tray which was tiled this was even lower than the outside trim so when it was tiled left a raw cut edge all the way round the drain the plumber fitted them so just had to tile them it did not look good.

Last edited:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to floor formers.....how much? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to achieve a low floor build up including wet UFH over a new suspended timber...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have a DIY link or suggestions for removing just a single central tile from a...
Replies
Views
This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB