Discuss Floor grouting issues?? in the Tile Adhesive and Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gnrbytile

Hi,

I posted a question a few weeks ago regarding a non paying customer. I have a follow up question regarding the kitchen floor job I completed for her.
After two and a half months she has emailed me saying she's not happy with the grouting on the floor as it isn't flush with the tile surface, ie it's not creating a completely flat floor so every time she washes the floor the water goes in the grout lines. I have politely replied that generally using a grout profile tool on 3mm grout lines there will be a slight depression unless you use tiles with bevelled edges.
Apparently as she is not a tiler she has watched loads of videos on YouTube and everyone leaves a completely flat floor.
Does anybody out there finish their grouting completely level with the floor tiles on all of their jobs, maybe it's just me.
I've even sent her pictures of floors from Google. Not sure what further I can say to her.
If you aren't happy you aren't happy I guess.
Thanks

S

Spare Tool

Just read your previous thread to do with this job, sounds like she's clinging to any reason possible not to pay you, get a solicitors letter threatening action sent recorded delivery, only had any issue like this once and although I didn't get payment in full, received about 80% of bill, took the rest (couple of hundred £'s) on the chin and let it go...sometimes the stressing is worse than the actual money owed

O

One Day

What was your dispute over mark ?

I was recommended by a builder who had loads of other trades subbing for him.
I met with and quoted the customer directly and worked independently.
She had a massive fall out with the builder and I turned up at the house one morning to find it locked and a notice saying work was suspended.
I had one day left to grout the wetroom I had installed.
After sensitively waiting a few weeks, I chased payment.
Then I got a letter saying I should pursue the builder as I was subbing.
Thankfully I had a complete paper and email trail so my case was watertight.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Floor grouting issues?? in the Tile Adhesive and Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Our tiler has done a really amazing job with our kitchen flooring, but has used a...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the tiler did not follow the manufactures instructions for mixing up the two part...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Tile Adhesive Trending Topics

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB