UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss floor issues for travertine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

merit

TF
hi all ,got called to price a travertine job that other trades have prepped,
timber floors,green chipboard, over boarded with 12mm ply,
i wouldnt tile on ply that thickness,as i prefer to hardi, but assured by certain tech departments i could down as far as 9mm ply and still be ok
what is your train of thought, as leaving ply down (as it has already been layed),hardi over top from there,or could i just fit dural c1 matting
and get the benefit of decoupling ,all thoughts greatly appreciated

merit

TF
hi all, impey membrane to be layed by others, not down yet,dont know if this as any bearing on the structure already been layed,
ive spoke to weber 2 day and they say they wouldnt recomend using there adhesives with that structure and set up,or words to that effect
its looking like dural with it been travertine,and its quite a big floor,but i need to know if the ply is thick enough with the dural to suffice, advice appreciated

merit

TF
hi john maybe ive not explained myself correctly,the floor has been prepped by others, ie 12mm ply over green chipboard,with the idea of overlaying with impey to create the wet room,personally i would have reservations with tiling on this, so to utalise the ply that has been laid already ,would it be feasable to not install the impey and dural instead, as its travertine and wet room.or i would feel happier to hardi over the ply that has been laid then impey your thoughts appreciated

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to floor issues for travertine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to achieve a low floor build up including wet UFH over a new suspended timber...
Replies
Views
We recently completed the (rectified porcelain) floor tile installation in the bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first post. I’m currently doing a job on my house where we’ve moved the kitchen and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.