Discuss Floor levelling, half wood - half concrete. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hvendlor

I want to prepare our kitchen floor for tiling. Currently half is floorboard on top of joist, the other half is a layer of asphalt on top of concrete.

I have levelled out the timber half best I can by adjusting the joists, probably get away with the level on this floor now. With the floorboards on, the timber floor is now approx 15mm lower than the concrete half.

Would the best thing to do be to cover the wood half with 18mm ply and then use self levelling on the concrete half only to meet up with the level of the ply?

OR

Cover the wood half with 9mm ply and then screed the whole lot?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Floor levelling, half wood - half concrete. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views
Following advice from a damp and timber report carried out we were advised to a apply a coat of...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
I've just had the whole ground floor of a house we are working on levelled with a pump in liquid...
Replies
Views
Bishbbashbosh
B

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Floor levelling, half wood - half concrete.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.