Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Floor movement in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

PJ Tiling

Hi y'all sorry to talk shop on a Sunday but I've got a bit of a head scratcher and wanted to see if you guy's could help.

Went to look a fix job for an old couple who recently had their dining room tiled in 330x330 ceramic tiles 8 sq m(nothing to special). However a month on and the grout is cracked all over the place. I had a little look around and the patches where it's cracked there is a little movement in the floor. I took up the very nasty threashold and I can see that the tiler...(who the old couple can't get hold of now) used 8mm mdf on top of chipboard!

The old couple can't afford for it to come up and be done properly.......I was wondering was is there any grout on the market that is flexible enough for this situation? Shot in the dark I know but I don't know what else to do to help them

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

I know it's not nice for the couple but as soon as you touch that floor then the problem becomes yours..

IMO Stay well clear unless it is a complete rip out.

This also could be a floating floor, so beware..
oh is this the law then??,so if you document the state that it's in with photo's at the point you take over then all the trouble will become your's??:yikes:

Reply to Floor movement in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Floor movement
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.