Discuss Floor preparation in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

Wood's better

Hi,

I have ripped up a softwood tongue and groove floor, fitted noggins & 22 mm tongue & groove plywood read for UFH and 600 x 600 porcelain. (bathroom)

I propose to lay 6 mm tile backer boards. I have used Marmox before successfully, however, think Hardi is tougher and tightens the floor better (I know its only for the tiling surface, but I think it definitely makes it stiffer.

Please could I be advised: When using 6 mm glued and screwed down is there really benefit in the foam insulation boards over Hardibacker or No More Ply. If it were say 20 mm thick I am sure it would make a difference to the UFH,

I would appreciate your help.

Many thanks

Richard.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Floor preparation in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
As an introduction, I'm a DIY home owner who has gutted the bathroom in a house built in 1980...
Replies
Views
Tony R
T
Hello. I have a couple of questions, recently I went back to tiling x has been a lot of years...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am planning on tiling my bathroom floor, I removed the old tiles myself which were...
Replies
Views
Installing tiles 400x600 over an exposed exterior cement screed - it has 20mm fall over 2300mm...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB