UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Floor sensor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

We are on a little job where the customer had a problem with the 'wetroom' floor tiling.
This job has been done within the last 6 months by a 'Bathroom Fitter' ie. Plumbing, tiling and electrics.
Unfortunately it was originally the walk in shower tray which was leaking, then on closer inspection the floor tiles all popped up and it then revealed the UFH!
1317905763061.jpg Not only are the wires touching, but the floor sensor is loose in the wall and so close to the wires/heat source
that it wouldn't work efficiently.
I'd love to show pictures of the original floor - as the water ran out the door - or the attempt at enveloping the tiles to the trap, but this had me concerned that the danger someone without the knowledge has allowed this standard of work to be completed and no doubt will continue in the future.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Floor sensor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

My tiled bathroom floor is new but I have moisture seemingly seeping up through the grouting in...
Replies
Views
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m a homeowner and have just had my bathroom floor tiled and am requesting your opinion...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m looking for some advice. I started tiling my kitchen floor yesterday afternoon...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is my first post and I am in desperate need of advice! Last year I had a porcelain...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Floor sensor
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.