Discuss Floor survey in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Craig Vaughan

Hi all.

I have a repair job to quote with around 1500 200x200mm tiles to replace in a car garage (crazy I know) and in need of some advice. Most of the broken tiles are where no expansion joint/trim has been fitted between tiles, there is an expansion joint in the concrete sub floor around 50mm away from the tile joint. The sub floor is in a right state (cracks and signs of movement) and I have told the customer I cannot guarentee the tiling due to this. They have said they are willing to pay to have the floor properley surveyed/tested for movement by some kind of engineer and asked if I can arrange this.

Has anyone ever had to do this and if so who is the right professional to ask.

Any help much appreciated!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Floor survey in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
hello Folks, its a tiny area. 1.8 m2. Joists are solid 3 inch wide. Area is upstairs close to...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I had a small kitchen extension built a couple of years ago. The new sand and cement screed...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB