Discuss floor tiles and marley floor tiles? in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

D

david campbell

You must remove the marley tiles. then the belt an brace way is to give the floor a good clean and put a slurry prime. A slurry prime should consist of 1 part adhasive, 1 part water and 1 part acrylic primer. mix it all together, apply to floor and allow to dry. then fix your tiles as normal.

I hope this helps. :thumbsup:

whats adhasive,i cant spell it also so i call it addy!

W

Welski

When you remove the tiles, you'll need to remove the bitumen too.
I have just removed some vinyl floor tiles and been left with acrid smelling bitumen (I assume) adhesive. The tile shop guy (I've read the comments about their advice!) told me it would take ages to remove and it was ok to simply tile over the top.
The floor is concrete underneath, I have tried to remove it with a floor scraper but it is taking ages (4m x 4m area)
Question is do I have to remove it? (as per PI quote above) and if so are there any chemical solutions to help lift it? (its been down donkeys years)
Many thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to floor tiles and marley floor tiles? in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm planning on tiling my porch, and the tiles and adhesive will take up around 13mm of height...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
450 x 450 porcelain tiles were laid on the bathroom floor recently. One of the tile sometimes...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I want to tile over a completely new floor. New floor joists have been installed with...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB