Currently reading:
Floor tiles in cloak room

Discuss Floor tiles in cloak room in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

Waluigi

Also the reason Ply is rarely considered acceptable is because of the veneer. It’s far too thin in most ply wood and the glue used in the bonding process isn’t good enough to stop the ply from easily delaminating. There are a few exceptions to this- SP101, FG1 and Some Marine Ply however Ply isn’t necessarily a particularly stable product in humid environments and some of these ply wood products I mentioned above are very expensive therefore most tilers opt for a tile backer board, Hardiebacker being the most popular however I prefer using a silica free board like Orbrey Pro Ply.

Tile Fix Direct

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Aldershot
Orbry Pro Ply is a water resistant construction board that is suitable for use with tiles, paint, wallpaper & plaster. The 1200x800mm boards are available in 6mm or 12mm thicknesses and can be used internally and externally. Made using a low CO2 method, Orbry Pro Ply boards are also free from silica and asbestos and are not affected by changes in temperatures - perfect if using with underfloor heating systems.

Features & Benefits:

• 1200x800mm; 6mm or 12mm thick
  • Strong
  • Lightweight
  • Impact resistant
  • Environmentally friendly
  • Non-flammable
  • Asbestos & silica free
  • Mould resistant
  • Internal & external use
6mm thick boards can be used to strengthen an existing timber floor in place of 15-18mm WBP plywood, while the 12mm boards replace plasterboard on walls & ceilings internally. The boards are water resistant but will need tanking if used in wet areas. Each board has a rough and smooth side - the smooth side should be fixed to the floor/wall with the rough side facing outwards.

Please note Orbry Pro Ply boards will be delivered on a pallet.
Orbry Pro Ply is a water resistant construction board that is suitable for use with tiles, paint, wallpaper & plaster. The 1200x800mm boards are available in 6mm or 12mm thicknesses and can be used internally and externally. Made using a low CO2 method, Orbry Pro Ply boards are also free from silica and asbestos and are not affected by changes in temperatures - perfect if using with underfloor heating systems.

Features & Benefits:

• 1200x800mm; 6mm or 12mm thick
  • Strong
  • Lightweight
  • Impact resistant
  • Environmentally friendly
  • Non-flammable
  • Asbestos & silica free
  • Mould resistant
  • Internal & external use
6mm thick boards can be used to strengthen an existing timber floor in place of 15-18mm WBP plywood, while the 12mm boards replace plasterboard on walls & ceilings internally. The boards are water resistant but will need tanking if used in wet areas. Each board has a rough and smooth side - the smooth side should be fixed to the floor/wall with the rough side facing outwards.

Orbry Pro Ply Hard Tile Backer Board - https://www.tilefixdirect.com/product/Orbry-Pro-Ply-Board

Tile Fix Direct

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Aldershot
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Floor tiles in cloak room in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
I'm about to tile my kitchen with 600mm x 600mm porcelain tiles. I am tiling onto a subfloor...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB