Discuss Floor Tiles Meet Wall Tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

U

uncleg

Hi all,

First time poster here!

I had my bathroom and ensuite tiled in the summer, but where the wall tiles meet the floor tiles, previosuly it looks like the gap was simply grouted. Now it is craking in certain places.

He is omcing back to look at at it and I wanted to know what the options are, he suggested a skirting which would look naff, or some type of trim?

I reckon it should all be removed and done again..... Please can you guys help in suggesting what would be suitable and practical, as searching on trims, they tend to need to go behind the tile...

Many Thanks All

G

Gazzer

Thanks Doug.

Would you then grout over the silicon bead, or just leave it? Apologies if its an obvious question!!

Thanks again!

What you need to be telling this "tiler" is that you want the cracked grout removed and replaced with a silicone sealant to your colour choice. If he regrouts then it will crack again. Do not grout over it, it wont stick anyway.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Floor Tiles Meet Wall Tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Hi, 1st time tiling, decided our ensuite would benefit from being a wetroom. Quick question, any...
Replies
Views
Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB