Discuss Floor tiles to skirting detail..... in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

Hi all,

anyone know where I will get a decent detail showing that leaving the skirting off when tiling a floor is the best practice?? British Standards or something like that....

I am about to start a new build house in the next week where we are tiling the entire ground floor (approx. 70m2) and have for the last 3 months stipulated that the builder leave the skirtings off until we have completed the floor tiling :thumbsup:

He has now at the last minute went back to the customer and said this is not normal and that he wants an additional £500 to fit the skirtings after the floor tiling:yikes: WHAT A LOAD OF TOSH:thumbsdown:

The concrete has UFH pipes in, so I have specified that the perimeter moevement joint can be hidden under the skirting also.

Cheers in advance,

MC

perhaps he is worried that he may be asked to sribe the skirting to the floor in the event that your tiles are not 100% flat.

Thats exactly what he is citing:mad2:

the tiles are 450x450 and they will be flat......:thumbsup:

I've just had an email from the customer saying he has spoken to the builder and that the builder is happy to wait and see how flat our floor is....basically he will go out of his way to create a problem when we are finished so he can say 'I told you so!!'

Last edited:
J

jay

i hate to be different but// whats the prob with cutting to skirt leaving room for expansion tiles still need to be cut yes you have to be neater but as whitebeam mentioned if skirt is already down meaning the rest has to be trimed to keep same level why make it harder than it already is just cut tile to suit:dizzy2:

sometimes its better to go with the flow rather than dig your heels in and make waves

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Floor tiles to skirting detail..... in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
We are having some issues with our newly laid tiles. Within several weeks of being laid, we...
Replies
Views
David John
D
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB