UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Floor Tiling Perimeter Mastic in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Clearsite

Hello
We are tiling a large shopping centre, approx 2000m2 in 10mm porcialine 600mm2 tiles. Expansion joints every 5m have been used. The perimiter of the shopping center has a 3mm steel stop bar (similar to a matwell frame) set into the screed. I have been informed that when grouting the tiles, the perimiter gap between the tiles and this steel 'frame' should be silicone/mastic sealed rather than grouted.
Is this correct?
Many Thanks
Clearsite Karl

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Floor Tiling Perimeter Mastic in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Hi Thanks to all who provided advice on my bathroom project 3 years ago, tiling both the...
Replies
Views
swanman
S
  • Article
If you've been on any of the Goldtrowel Tiling Courses then please leave feedback and reviews in...
Replies
Views
Got to quote for a kitchen floor approx 23m2, tiles are porcelain 600*600 Current substrate is...
Replies
Views
J
Hi everyone, I'm renovating an apartment floor that is tiled about 80sqm. It has a very badly...
Replies
Views
jaykruger
J
O
Ok I am re-tiling the kitchen floor due to me not doing it properly first time ! I tiled it...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.