Discuss Floor variations in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

what do you use as a straight edge and whats its length?
Was to get an 1800mm level but could just use a straight edge and my 1200 level ontop if required. I Think its a water level in this video and looks like other end has been setup next to wall allowing one man to operate it but i could be wrong, what do you think?

YouTube - Level pins.mpg

Last edited:
Yeah sir ramic your post is whats set me thinking, haha. When your on about a laser level do you mean set it up at a desired height and measure using a tape from floor to where the laser hits the tape? Done that before but took ages and water level look quick in your previous post SLC Advice and if one ends setup at your required height, syringe marked say with tape and water coloured youll be able to see it at a distance or am i just trying to convince myself??

Last edited:
G

Gazzer

600mm is just a measurement. A self leveling laser line will give you a level line to work off, it could be any measurement. Once the laser is switched on use a staff to take heights of the laser line in different areas of the room. When you have established the high point take a measurement of that point on the floor to the laser line....for instance it could be 580mm ...then walk around the room noticing where the dips are as shown in that video. If you were to find a low spot where the ruler said 590mm you know the floor dips 10mm and so your packer or screw needs to be 10mm above the floor. When using a screw or packer you then double check with the staff or ruler you are using that when placed on top of packer/screw that the laser line corresponds to the high point ...ie, 580mm on your staff. That make sense ?

Reply to Floor variations in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Scotland

Thread Information

Title
Floor variations
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.