Discuss Flyers for an idea I had... opinions in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dilz000

Well i've had a small idea, as i work 4on/4off full time and tile on my 4 days off, i seem to be using up all my holiday very quickly, mainly because im still abit slow, and take more days off than i need, just in case :oops:

The idea (probably already done) is to do a few hundred flyers simply for a re-grouting service. I know i can also get the re-grouting done in 4 days, so wont need to book time off, meaning i may actually have some holidays left, to actually go on holiday. :hurray: Also i think people are still abit funny about spending loads of money, so a "quick" freshen up & some new silicon, may be just enough to tempt them & may lead to future work.

I can get some before and after pictures from my mums kitchen (as it needs doing) so thats easy enough. but what about the price? do I include a "fixed" price on the flyer for average size bathroom/kitchen, or do i quote per job as usual. Im thinking ill quote individually and ill just do it by dayrate plus materials. but a fixed price may get people interested as i've stated the price before the've even seen me. meaning they know what to expect.

I also need some wording for the flyer. any ideas for this?

Does this sound like a feasible idea?

Cheers

Chris

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Quote per job mate. A large format will be much quicker for you than 100 x 100's. You don't want a price per tile or square meter there.

A fair way would be to price per linear meter of grout, though easy to work out once you have the tile size and each wall size, you'd baffle the customer with that (Here you go sir, 1428 linear meters as 20p a meter - lol). So I'd just quote per job.

"Estimate" per job (not a fixed 'quote' then if you run over a few hours or whatever) and go visit every job first before providing the price.

A

advancetiling

Did a bit of site work recently,hated the standard of work and speed req to do job so packed it in.However,every cloud has a silver lining.Looking at the state of tiling in these new builds(2 high in kitchen and same round the bath)i decided theres a gap in the market for finishing these jobs to a better standard.so ive had a load of flyers printed,designed just for new builds. Havent even delivered any yet and this week alone had 2 enquiries from folk in new builds who want there tiling finishing properley and are prepared to pay for it. genius or what?? or is it an old idea

Reply to Flyers for an idea I had... opinions in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Flyers for an idea I had... opinions
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.