Discuss For those who have lost their Dad this fathers day. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

well, i will be visiting my dad in the care home tomorrow..
unfortunately, he wont remember who i am but that wont matter as much as it did at first. you can lose you your memory and you eventually lose the ones you love but the love and the energy goes on and on and it always will ;0) got 3 boys of my own to prove that!!!

god bless all the dads on here!! past, present and future......

G

grumpygrouter

I lost my dad from C-dif after a routine op just coming up to 2 years a go. I'm never sad when I think about him as my overiding memory of his life was his laugh..... we always used to laugh and that is all I can see when I remember him.

He brought the lights up in a cinema once when watching a normal wisdom film. His laughing was so loud no one could hear the dialogue.......

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mike

well, i will be visiting my dad in the care home tomorrow..
unfortunately, he wont remember who i am but that wont matter as much as it did at first. you can lose you your memory and you eventually lose the ones you love but the love and the energy goes on and on and it always will ;0) got 3 boys of my own to prove that!!!

god bless all the dads on here!! past, present and future......
i know what you're going through ed, my dad was in a care home, suffering from dementia. he passed away in 2004, i take solace knowing he's in a better place now and wouldn't want to be cared for 24/7

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
My mum and dad spilt up when we (brother and I) were young, and it went a bit messy. My dad never really had a maternal bone in his body.........so it was a few years later that we saw him again. Think I was 13/14 then. That was it really. No contact whatsoever from then.

I grew up & married and had thought of him over the years at this time of year...........nearly sent him a fathers day card so many times...........and then I decided that this year I would send one with a letter.

He died of a heart attack a few months before fathers day........so even then, he had the last laugh.

That was about 20 years ago.

This song always reminds me.

YouTube - ‪Mike and the Mechanics - The Living Years ( HQ sound - with Lyrics )‬‏

Last edited:
U

user123

My mum and dad spilt up when we (brother and I) were young, and it went a bit messy. My dad never really had a maternal bone in his body.........so it was a few years later that we saw him again. Think I was 13/14 then. That was it really. No contact whatsoever from then.

I grew up & married and had thought of him over the years at this time of year...........nearly sent him a fathers day card so many times...........and then I decided that this year I would send one with a letter.

He died of a heart attack a few months before fathers day........so even then, he had the last laugh.

YouTube - ‪Mike and the Mechanics - The Living Years ( HQ sound - with Lyrics )‬‏

Hugs...

T

Tabby Cranks

Similar here CJ. Mine moved to Aus when I was 10 (my brothers were aged 11, 8, and 7 too), I saw him when again when I was about 23. Haven't seen him again since. I'm 40 now with two boys of my own. I always try and make time just to be there for them, you can give em as much as you like materially, but just having a Dad is what I missed, if that makes sense?

U

user123

Got no uncles left.........all popped off as well :(

Don't get into that train of thought. You know, yes, it would be great to have a lovely and supportive family, but if not then our friends become our family, and by choice, and how good it is to be able to choose those that uplift us - families are notoriously bad at that one. Right in the beginning when I joined this forum, I can't remember what the subject was, but I was talking about my son's birthday who is now in Australia, and at the time Dave said something that has kept me in the forum from then on in - he said, "tell your son you found an online family on here". And this is how it feels. I am the only one from my bloodfamily here and don't have many family members left anyhow, but I do have friends from all walks of life who influence me and help me develop different parts of myself - I couldn't wish for anything better from a traditional family set-up. So chin-up, :)

Reply to For those who have lost their Dad this fathers day. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Hello lads and ladies, I've been working on a new website. www.FreeRatedTraders.com. It's a...
Replies
Views
Merry Christmas boys and girls. :) Thanks for all those who joined in the Christmas fun over...
Replies
Views
O
Due to the great success of the trade day last year at Trimline’s new facility at the Teardrop...
Replies
Views
Q
Happy Father's Day to all us Dads on here!!! Doing or getting anything nice today? I can hear...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
For those who have lost their Dad this fathers day.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.