UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss ford transit or the vauxhall vivaro? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cornish_crofter

I have a transit 85 but would go for 100 heard it's a superb engine, Do feel that the body works on the vivora are a better spec

To be fair the bodywork is OK on mine.

If it weren't for this I would have probably pushed it off a big cliff by now:lol:

Also, the dealer is very good. I did give the VW Transporter a passing thought when I bought it but VW dealerships up and down the country were getting a slating at the time.

H

Highlander

Go for the Ford mate. I have had all Renaults and the latest Kangoo gearbox went at 54K and three and a half years old. I had the Traffic from new and it ended up with a new cylinder head as the 4th injector corroded into the head and they could not get it out (4th injector problem is common due to rain water running into area around injector) so be ware you guys with newish vans check before warranty runs out would have cost me 2.5k if out of warranty.

Also the gearbox was starting to give problems. I was speaking to customer today and he was saying they will not be replacing their Renault vans looking at going with Ford or Mercs due to te problems they are having.

Gary

B

BDS

they all have good and bad points,just havn`t found any bad points with mine yet and when i got my traffic was the cheapest on the market by far even with all the extras i had put on from factory,my mate bought a brand new tranny the same time i did saying it was the best on the market low and behold he`s had nothing but prob`s with it but as i said in previous post you will get good and bad in any van/car best way to see witch van/vans your best with or you like the best is go into dealers and test drive them and not just for a quick 10 min drive round the block the end of the we spend considerable lenghs of time in our vans so get the best for you and your job/situation needs

D

Deleted member 1779

I was thinking of the ex-aa vans because they are in the company colours and rebadging it with the 365DRILLS logo

a53b_1.JPG

They have AA towbars on the back so great for towing my SMART car. Plenty of room for the exhibition stand / stock.

Downside is they have done starship miles and hold their price. This A reg is £4500.

T

trev

Great thread this, looking at a new van meself. Transit, Vivaro, or Traffic? The look of a van does sway me and i lean towards the Vivaro, but can be expensive. The Traffic looks similar and a littlle cheeper so.......? While the Transit, well, just think the gearshift looks a bit dated? might just be me being picky. I know it's supposed to be a work vehicle but we are in them a lot so might as well enjoy the experiance?:yes::thumbsup:

Great thread,will monitor. :thumbsup:

C

cornish_crofter

The Trafic/Primastar is very nice to drive. It is very responsive and even my 100bhp (1.9) on a long wheel base with about 1/2 a ton of tools in the back holds its own quite well.

One of the reasons I bought a new van a few years ago is because I thought I may be working further a field more. As it happened I didn't, but I'm glad I spent the money, even though I haven't been totally impressed with what I've got.

I'm always of the view that if you buy new, get as good a deal as possible, you don't get the chance to haggle over expensive repairs.

Reply to ford transit or the vauxhall vivaro? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi there I’m new to Tile Forum and joined to get professional opinions because I really need...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm a self employed tiler based in Wales and I'm looking to relocate to Newcastle...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.