Discuss Forum spammers getting annoying! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hi guys,

Firstly, apologies for not being around as much as I should be. We're here in the background dealing with things but generally don't have much time to chat in threads. We're getting a bit more time now so will be on more and more each week.

Secondly, wow, this spam is getting silly now. From time to time forums do go through these phases. The developers find a fix and then the spammers work around it. It's an ongoing thing. Seem to be losing the battle at the moment though.

We've just blocked the registrations of a few dozen email addresses that seem to be common with spammers, but no genuine members use. I've also enabled the Cloudflare filter, although I don't think it'll stop all of it as they appear to be humans registering rather than bots.

We will keep adding to the email list as and when they use knew addresses, but the problem is the likes of @gmail.com and @live.com etc are common ones used by genuine people spammers using those will still get through.

Keep reporting the spam and we'll keep removing it, and adding their emails to the system.

In the meantime I'm testing a few anti-spam registration systems to see which one works best, then will implement that across the network.

So hang in there for us. :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Forum spammers getting annoying! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Hi All, I've been reading through the forum for a few months now and thought I should pipe up...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB