• Thread starter newbie123
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 61

Currently reading:
Found a plumbing course but not what I expected? Discussion Thread

Discuss Found a plumbing course but not what I expected? Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Found a plumbing course but not what I expected? Discussion Thread

Hi all,

I posted a question back in 2020 so rather than bringing that thread back up thought I'd start a new one. I've been in a few jobs since I was made redundant back in 2020 but still in IT. I am still thinking my calling is in a trade and Plumbing seems to be the one I'm drawn to the most, I've managed to gain a little more DIY skills as in putting up more curtain poles in bedrooms, fitting a new basin in the downstairs bathroom (no pipe work literally just a lift and replace). I have found a part time plumbing course which is 2 evenings per week starting in September, I was thinking it would help me get a start in a company but when speaking to Gateshead College to gain more info (price etc) they advised that doing this course would only assist me in getting a plumbers mate as opposed to attempting to gain a job as a plumber. I currently live in Dinnington in Newcastle Upon Tyne (North East) so was wondering what advice, if any, you guys suggest? I'm currently 37 so kind of feel like it's now or never really?

Found a plumbing course but not what I expected? for the original thread on Plumbers Forums

Reply to Found a plumbing course but not what I expected? Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB