UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Frequently Asked Questions in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Note: these questions are aimed at the forum rather than tiling. if you have tiling related questions then ask them in the related forum area. :) Thanks.

To be honest we don't get asked many questions about our forum but I think this will come in handy to those that are not too familiar with message forums/message boards.
  • How do I get a picture by my name?
    The picture is called an Avatar, don't know why but it is. If you have one of the same size that we use then PM me and I'll help you get it online. If you know what you're doing, go to your User CP (control panel) and then click 'Avatar' and then follow the instructions.
  • How do I add pictures to my posts?
    Providing they are of the right size, you can just upload them using the system built in the forum which is presented to you when you reply to an existing post (providing you click 'Go Advanced') or when you start off a new thread.
Forum Phrase Buster!

Just to help clear up some meanings of forum related names and terms.
  • Post: A post is a message. You post a message to the Internet when you hit 'new Topic' or 'Reply' to an existing 'post'.
  • Thread: A thread is the whole bunch of posts that are in the same topic. You start a new thread when you start a new post off from scratch, rather than replying to an existing thread.
  • Smiley: A smiley is the little image you can add to your messages. They are there just to help you express you feelings :)
If you have questions, ask them in here and I'll answer them as soon as I can :)

Last edited:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Frequently Asked Questions in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.