Discuss From limestone to metro tiles! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rc944

New to the forum but earned my spurs doing a 50m2 job using turkish limestone about 2 years ago

have to admit got quite obsessive about it but result not too bad.. here are the highlights for those bored enough to read!

antalya limestone in rectangular format from mandarine stone

plasplugs master tiler

dunlop adhesive and grout

filafob sealer and fila satin wax to finish

hardest part was rectifying a very uneven old kitchen floor. despite getting the builder to use self levelling it was still all over the place. ended up double and triple buttering the tiles! not good practice i know but had to be done

the stone is a joy to work with and the machine was a doddle

if i were to do it again it would not be in winter and i would need more practive cutting curved lines!

next project is bathroom!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to From limestone to metro tiles! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
From limestone to metro tiles!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.