UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss fuming in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

I have got the hump , been chasing a designer(disorganised poser) for payment of extras where we were booked in to tile a bathroom for 2 weeks and we arrive (me and another tiler who i am paying day rate to ) on site and couldnt get access to the room until 2.30 in the afternoon , we tiled a shelf/boxing 3 times as he couldnt decide where he wanted the sliding door put in and revisit to site to tile a bath panel, any way those are the extras I want paying for and this idiot has been avoiding me for the last week and a half after initially agreeing to pay these items has now came out with some bull about me undermining him to the client ,I put it rather forthrightly that he undermined himself by using a new team who couldn't deliver a quality finish or get the prep work done on time, I finally got him on the phone today and I am still miffed to say the least as this pratt expects everybody else to pay for his mistakes,some people treat tradesmen with no respect :mad2:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
i had one that double ordered a clients tiles by mistake, they were non returnable too, he asked me to loose them for him reather than own up to his mistake, i didn't want them, they were horrible (what you would expect from a disigner) think the plumber had them.

had no problem getting paid though, what he done might of slip out when the customer was about...:lol:

B

bugs183

Mmm designers eh....
In my experience there are two types... ones who are very understated and produce lovely work and treat you well, and the above idiots with no taste and no consideration for anyone.
If i work for a new designer they get one chance to impress me, i'd never give the type above any time after that kinda treatment, i had one royally drop me in it, and i was daft enough to do more work for him.
A post well worth paying attention to, just a shame you're going through it Gary, sack him off mate.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to fuming in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.