Discuss Garage floor which addy and grout? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Discopotatoes

I've been lurking for a while now so thought it best to say hi and ask a couple of questions.
I'm just finishing off my 7m x3.4m self build garage / extension and am planning to tile the garage floor with a non slip porcelain tile.

I was going to use something like mapei keraflex ( as I'm not very quick at laying tiles and I won't need to walk on them for a fair while) and epoxy grout but thought it best to ask here first.
Now I will be installing a 4 post ramp which will be mobile , I.E not bolted down and sitting on the tiles, and the garage will be heated via myson kickspace heaters so was concerned about possible localised expansion from the warm air and point loads from the 4 post ramp.
your thoughts?
cheers
Disco.

M

mache

I've been lurking for a while now so thought it best to say hi and ask a couple of questions.
I'm just finishing off my 7m x3.4m self build garage / extension and am planning to tile the garage floor with a non slip porcelain tile.

I was going to use something like mapei keraflex ( as I'm not very quick at laying tiles and I won't need to walk on them for a fair while) and epoxy grout but thought it best to ask here first.
Now I will be installing a 4 post ramp which will be mobile , I.E not bolted down and sitting on the tiles, and the garage will be heated via myson kickspace heaters so was concerned about possible localised expansion from the warm air and point loads from the 4 post ramp.
your thoughts?
cheers
Disco.
I don't think I would want to trust any lift that was not bolted down, and very concerned on tiles. I doubt you tiles are non slip rated when using a steel plate as the surface. Also what is the load rating of your tiles and Addy?.

S

Spud

I wouldn't use tile adhesive i would use mortar bedding it's the way most fire station floors have been fixed you get a solid bed
where the lifter feet are to be located you could drop the tile lower into the mortar to stop the feet moving if you do it the thickness of 2 tiles you can always stick a tile back in if you ever decide you don't want the lifter anymore ,you can also get full depth expansion joints to go through the mortar and tile field

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Garage floor which addy and grout? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, sorry for the clunky thread title... Just over a year ago we had a side...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Welcome to the Which Tile Cutter is Best? Thread I'm tidying up the forum a little bit, and in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB