Discuss Getting A Tiler Round in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

assegayer

Hi guys im over from the electric forum. Im getting my bathroom floor and walls tiled next week, the tilers been round to see the job (he has been recommended by a friend). Now theres one bit of uneven floor about 50cmx30cm so not a huge patch. He said he would just level it out with rapid set cement? would he have to prime first? does that sound oright because he said it doesnt need priming, its concrete with a small section of plywood

Also since the bathroom floor gets wet daily not crazily but you know splashes from the bath. I asked him if we could just lay down some of that shulter mat or whatever it is lol he said no we have to tank the floor aswell? any thoughts?

I am not one of those pesky customers i jsut want to ensure its done right the first time.

thanks guys

A

assegayer

Hello and welcome...

So the floor is mixed substrate ?

The plywood ? , is this onto joists ? , maybe a pic would help us see what you do..

hi dave thanks for the repsonse, not home at the moment. but basically its like 3/4 of the floor in the bathroom is concrete and just a small section where its uneven is joists with floor boards then ply. if that makes any sense

A

assegayer

Thanks for the replies guys, sorry i cant get a picture at the moment because i am currently living somewhere else while some other repairs are undergone and working everyday aswell. anyhoo so p4ulo he wouldn't have to tank then? because as you said not a crazy amount of water is going to be going on it only occasional splashes from the tub, hes trying to pull a fast one aye...would there be any other way other then ditra to deal with any movement if there ever was?...hes round after tomorrow again to start.

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
EPSOM
Thanks for the replies guys, sorry i cant get a picture at the moment because i am currently living somewhere else while some other repairs are undergone and working everyday aswell. anyhoo so p4ulo he wouldn't have to tank then? because as you said not a crazy amount of water is going to be going on it only occasional splashes from the tub, hes trying to pull a fast one aye...would there be any other way other then ditra to deal with any movement if there ever was?...hes round after tomorrow again to start.

I have recently been using Bal Matting.....it's much thinner , uses less adhesive and Seems to work well ....apply over both substrates... Bobs your uncle!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Getting A Tiler Round in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hello. First time tiler looking for some advice. Doing a bathroom reno and had a professional...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
Hello, We just paid £900 labour for two days work to renovate our bathroom. The wall is 9m2...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB