Discuss Getting logged out of the forum? - Read This in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I updated all forums yesterday and it included a change in the cookie the forum sets in your web browser. Not all browsers would have been affected but if you are getting logged out after 20 mins or so then follow these instructions to the letter and you'll be fine.

1. Manually log out by clicking log out, this clears your existing cookie
2. Go to your web browser and erase all cookies (if you don't like doing this as it's saving some important login details for some other website then you'll need to find where your cookies are stored and look for ".tilersforums.com" and erase that (there may be more than one, if so, erase them all).
3. Close your web browser down so the changes take effect
4. Open it up and log back in the forum and MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE "REMEMBER ME" BOX.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Give us the heads up next time mate and we can let the members know how to sort it. It's a pain in the back side when you write a massive post and hit submit and you've been logged out and lose it. Luckily on Chrome you can click the back button and it's still there but it doesn't do it on all browsers. I know Liz has lost a post before and somebody just lost a massive PM to me.

Reply to Getting logged out of the forum? - Read This in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
It’s Christmas! The elves at the forums have been working away to bring you the first ever...
Replies
Views
I'll be upgrading the forum in a few weeks. Giving you a heads up now so by the time I do it...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
Getting logged out of the forum? - Read This
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.