Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Getting wax off of porcelain tiles, having problems in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tilly

I have bought some 600 x 600 Ellen very light cream procelain tiles from Topps. They have the wax on then and I am having real trouble getting it all off and the tile looking glossy and lovely on what seems like most of them.

I have the stripper solvent from Topps, some of the tiles are cleaning up justt as you would expect, lovely and smooth and glossy, but loads I just can't seem to get all the residue off, they look really smeary. I've been at this for hours and only cleaned up a few.

I thought I would clean off the wax and seal as advised on here before they get fixes tomorrow.

I would appreciate any advice. Thanks

D

DHTiling

A scrubby thing..LOL.. A scrunchy...:smilewinkgrin:..

That would probs work ... maybe the solvent type cleaner should really be an abrasive type cleaner..

Lithofin do one called Abra clean and Aquamix do one called Nano scrub.. they have small particles that help remove the transit wax's..

Aquamix sealing and coating remover is good on transit wax's as well.. all can be found online.

Reply to Getting wax off of porcelain tiles, having problems in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hello Tilers! I am a homeowner in California and I thought I'd come say hi in search of a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Getting wax off of porcelain tiles, having problems
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks