Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Girl on a budget in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

americasmiles

Hi having work done on the house at mo - new floor being laid - top levels being styrofoam, underfloor heating, screed. I am doing whatever I can myself and shoot me down in flames but tiling has to fall into that category. What I am unclear about is whether I need a decoupling membrane? Total area is around 27m not sure if that is a large space or not. The other issue is how long should I wait before tiling and although I wince at the price of the membrane - will it enble us to tile more quickly. Do I really need to wait 2-3 months before tiling?

D

DHTiling

wow that was quick. Screed is going down Friday - dry screed - sand and cement?

And I plan to use travertine 600X400

thanks

Normally you would need to commission the heating before you tile but by using a product like Ditra then you can tile early and without commissioning , but you must make sure the h eating is turned on very slowly and over a longer period than normal..

The Ditra membrane or similar is also a vapour equalisation membrane along with an un-coupling and anti crack membrane , so will cope with new stresses from the floor.

I cannot recommend enough that the membrane is used especially with stone and the fact that heating is being used.

The adhesive should be flexible and the same for the grout.

Reply to Girl on a budget in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
hats67 - Yesterday at 11:48 PM Add bookmark #1 Hello guys. I came upon and registered with...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Girl on a budget
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.