Discuss glass and metal mosaic in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

peckers

thanks ive just seen a thread that peckers did in May , the same tiles as his pictures. I think they were bought from topps tiles .Metallic Random Mix Mosaic | Topps Tiles these ones
Yes they did come from topps a very nice tile!! expensive but they are lovely when up!!
I used a small wet cutter that i have for cutting the metal ones with and then i removed the burr with using a sharp stanley knife and a carborunden stone!
you need to use a ver fine grout as they will scratch very easily and the protective plastic that is on them just comes off as you grout it and gets in your grout so i removed it before grouting but you must have a very fine grout and dont over squeegee the excess with your grout float as it scratches!!!

S

Scott

If we use them they wont need cutting as it will just be a panel in the bathroom.
The Topps ones are really similar to the Tile Depot ones but a fraction of the cost! Ill be looking at the Topps ones. I have sent a price promise form to Tile Depot with the link to the Topps one to see if they will honour it, although they will use the fact that they are not identical to get out of it. Will let you know the out come

Reply to glass and metal mosaic in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I recently tiled a shower floor with a basalt mosaic tile. I used kerapoxy for the...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
I fixed some mosaic the other day, long, thin strips in a 300x300 mesh cut in to two, and used...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

squeaky

Arms
TF
Sunderland
Website
https://tilebytile.co.uk/
What member type are you?
  1. Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Tile by Tile

Thread Information

Title
glass and metal mosaic
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.