Discuss Glass panel - FIxing to tile floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

IHB

It will be fixed three sides and a glass door hinged off the fourth. I was planning on setting a U channel into the wall flush with the tile surface but using the clamps ceiling & floor so that I get a drainage gap at floor level.

Tiles are 13mm thick so I could drill a blind hole & set a pin in the clamp maybe. But is there a tile adhesive that's strong enough to hold without a mechanical fix?

Or maybe I just drill through the membrane, fill it with silicone and don't worry?

C

Concrete guy

I

IHB

Manhatten, do a Aluminium channel with concealed sealing strip

I'm thinking that this might be the safest way. I'll lose any air gap but I could set 10mm channel into the floor and wall tiles to be flush with the tile face and screw 19mm channel to the ceiling. Glass should then slide and drop into the channel.

I'll need to make sure everything's square and aligned or the sliding and dropping won't happen or the door won't swing properly. Maybe an excuse to get a laser level?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Glass panel - FIxing to tile floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
I’m tiling a ground floor of a house approx 120m through a ground floor with 5 doorways in the...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB