Discuss Glass wall tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

burncross

Hi, got a little job coming up, kitchen splashbacks in 150x75x10 glass wall tiles, Brick bonded.
So a few questions as I'v not used these before.
The customer doesn't want trims to be used around the window or external edges, so i need to get a good cut edge
The tiles are about 10mm thick and will cut on a dry cutter as long as it's in half, but leave's a very sharp edge, is there any type of file available to chamfer the edges?
I'm going to get a glass cutting wheel for my wet cutter, so I don't know yet how it will cut with these? will they chip on the cut edge?
Will BAL whitestar be ok to use, the tiles have a sort of foil backing.
What sort of grout, will these tile scratch with a normal sand based grout?

D

DHTiling

Are the tiles flat edged or rounded, as in not rectified perfect square edge.

If they are not rectified then you won't be able to not use some sort of edging as it will show when grouted when you return cut edges inwards to get a finished edge on show.

Just because a customers wants a certain finish , does not always make it possible..

maybe a link to said tiles would give us a better idea.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Glass wall tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hi - I am a homeowner trying to resolve an issue and get to the best finished professional...
Replies
Views
We recently completed the (rectified porcelain) floor tile installation in the bathroom and...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB