Discuss Glazed porcelain tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jackswan

Some glazed porcelain tiles at my local tile stockists, which my wife has fancied. Price is £24m2 but the manager is my wifes cousin so been offered quite a substantial discount on this price. Apparently they are a new Spanish tile and they have only had the sample in at the moment (they have to order direct from Spain with a three week delivery time)

IMAG0239.jpg IMAG0240.jpg

Size is 500mm x 500mm.

What I am wondering is how hard are they to cut, will they chip possibly? looking at the sample it is exactly square and flat, so going on that what gaps should they require between them?
There is a website on the sample Azulindus & Marti and they look like the porcelanico Hada on there.
This will be the first time that I have laid porcelain tiles so looking for some tips or if someone has used these tiles or has an opinion on them.
They will be fitted in a new kitchen which has a new screed and is approx 17m2 "L" shaped.

D

DHTiling

It's a glazed tile, so no need to seal them..

They will cut fine on a decent dry/hand cutter and wet cutter for l cuts etc as mentioned above..

Adhesive needs to be a modified one as the tile biscuit is vitrified and it will help with the bond..

Like any glazed tile chipping can be possible but this will not be known till you cut them.. but normally a glazed vitrified tile they don't normally flake from the biscuit say like a soft red biscuit can..

Let us know how you get on..

Reply to Glazed porcelain tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
Hello Tilers! I am a homeowner in California and I thought I'd come say hi in search of a...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Glazed porcelain tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.