UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Glue dots in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike Mike

If they are on the back of the tile use the flat side of your trowel and knock them off. If they are on the front face of the tile I usually ignore them and fix the tile to the wall or floor, then wash them down with warm water and a washboy sponge either before going home, or before grouting, leave for 10 minutes for the water to loosen the glue then they come off with another sweep of the sponge. Any stubborn ones, I use a 5mm plastic spacer, like these Kilsats 100-pack - Jula AB

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Ireland
This is my pet hate!!!!!!!!!
I don't mind the hard blobs that knock off in one, but the swirly type that breaks off in bits and flies everywhere!!!
You nearly need to hoover the joints after, and theres always one you miss that you find while grouting.

How hard can it be to design a glue that sticks to the back of the tile, out of sight when fixed:mad2:

M

MTiler

those swirly bits of wax are a pain in the butt, and end up everywhere including the ady lol. They always seem to be on metro style tiles. Had a job some time back a bathroom in small metro tiles covered in the **** and wasnt looking forward to getting them off. Turned up one morning and noticed all the tiles were clean, the customer said he'd got bored and decided to clean off the wax, I couldve kissed him lol

missyT

G

Gazzer

It seems most type of tile protection is a nuisance. Swirly wax that seems to stick to your hands when cleaning off.
Hard wax which usually needs a wooden or plastic scraper to remove.
Pieces of paper in between each tile which soon is all over the place.
Thin layers of cellophane which like the swirly wax seems to be filled with static.
The glue from the folder over boxes which sticks well to the face of a tile ( as TJ says) and some times you get a tile or two that has been on display with hot melt glue on the back......:mad2:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Glue dots in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.