Discuss Going on your own! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Russell brown

How long did it take before things really kicked off for you?.
i went on my own at the start of the year, I've wanted to do it for ages but always worried about not getting enough work. I'm booked up for a month with plenty of quotes still going out and a few might well still come back. I've a couple jobs booked end of May/June. Not as booked up as I'd like but from the little advertising I've done I'm pretty happy how things are going. I'd be interested how things went for other people and did you ever think sod it I'm going back subbing?. I'm fortunate that I'm not limited to one trade, I started out kitchen and bathroom fitting picking up plastering and other trades along the way and I did joinery and plumbing at college so my work varies a lot but at the minute I'm doing mainly plastering and bathrooms/tiling which is good because I've fell out of love with joinery!.

Russ

S

Stocks Tiles

Went on my own August last year after a knee op, considered best opportunity to get out of my job and take the jump! First 4 weeks I had some work off a contractor on a 400sqm of quarry tiles along side tilers then he retired, and after that I was flat out 5 days a week till Christmas eve turning jobs down, January worked around 3/4 of it if combined days, and last month and this month I've had at least 2 days a week and one job of 9 days, 2 days next week and start of April 2 days, I'm spending quite a bit on advertising but it is starting to get nervy, but shall not fear as still worth it financially, may end up approaching a couple other contractors but don't want to be touching site work unless General builder which I do get some from already. Glad things are going well for you! :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Going on your own! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
I just set new porcelain 8 x 8 tile in my rear entryway (3 ft x 3 ft area). I love the results...
Replies
Views
Bathroom being refurbished. A load of things have been rushed like some loosely rollered (not...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB