Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Good budget tile cutter? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

W

WillCalderwood

So does anyone know the real difference between this:
Big Clinker 2 Heavy Duty Tile Cutter 630mm | NoLinksToThis
and this:
QEP Big Clinker Tile Cutter 635mm | NoLinksToThis
As pre-discount screwfix claim they both retail for £109. The non-discounted cutter has a lot of good reviews, the discounted cutter has no reviews. Any advice here would be good. £70 for a decent cutter sounds ok to me.

B

Bubblecraft

It is a great cutter. It's my main flat bed cutter & never had any problems with it. Will cut all ceramics & porcelains & a few natural stones. Granites, conglomerate marbles & slates do snap ok with a good wheel but have a very slight kick at the end but can be tidied up with a wet saw or grinder.

It's a bargain at that price. I might even get another before the end of the tax year lol

B

Bubblecraft

Gus, I've found a spare wheel for my old one when I was tidying the van yesterday. PM me your address and I'll send it to you.

Cheers for that Bri. Will do.

Just ordered the Clinker 2 from Screwfix this morning so will be in tomorrow. Doing a full bathroom fit this week so should be using it by the end of the week or start of next week so will update you lot with a comparison on the two of them.

J

jwatson

i have a rubi tr 400 for small jobs. and a tx700
the joiner i been doing alot of work for has a big clinker, had it around 4 years. had a go on the last job i did for him and it was quality, nice clean finish not a single bad break on the whole job. and after a few cuts got used to the single rail too.
seriously thinking of throwing the little rubi in the skip along with the 2 new wheels i have for it!!!
dont think there will be anything better out there for the price

Reply to Good budget tile cutter? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long...
Replies
Views
Hi all Can anyone recommend a cutter for herringbone, got 200m2 of 300x150 walls to do in a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I’m selling my Sigma 3B4M if anyone is interested. Only used for 2 small bathroom jobs...
Replies
Views
Hi people, i am new to the trade and i am looking to buy a manual tile cutter at my training i...
Replies
Views
Renserve
R
Hello, I'm having trouble finding any decent stockists locally. I've got a Topps very near, plus...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Good budget tile cutter?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 30.7%