UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Good day to you all. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Roysalmon

My name is Roy Salmon and I am a Design Consultant from Leigh on Sea, Essex.
My reasoning for joining the Tilers Forum is to seek help on a small tile project.
I am working on the exterior patio of my local club where the feature is a tiled
round floor display with a the clubs 'logo' printed on the tiles. Like most private
clubs the committee have very limited funds so I need to find a way to get the
job done! The size of the round display (tiled area) is 1800mm dia'. The ideal
tile colour is dark blue with the logo in white. The logo fits over a large area
of the tiles. I looking for suggestions on the Tile, how to get the logo on the
tile, screened, hand panted and fired, waterjet cutout or !!!! Size of tile around
250x250 but must be frost proof and anti-slip.

Thank you for your time.

Roy Salmon

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hi Roy,

Welcome to the forum.

I think I would get some tiles water jet cut to be honest as it will last a lifetime if done correctly.

If you print and glaze over a pattern, I would assume your tile type would then be ceramic, and those would wear quicker than say a porcelain that has been water jet cut. Also if you water jet cut the logo and any of it gets damaged, it should be easier to repair and match up than a printed section of a tile that might be hard to match well years down the line.

The fixing of them isn't a problem it'll be the tile type and how you got about applying the design you need to give thought to.

S

Stef

Hi & :welcome:.

I was at the Hampden trade show in Glasgow a few months ago & i was speaking to the guys that provide the water jet cutting. Honestly if you saw what they can produce then if your after a logo etc then its definitely the road to go down.

I did have pictures of some of the designs but they were on my laptop that broke, if i can get them from my external hard drive then i will post them.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Good day to you all. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.