Discuss Good enquiry-Bad enquiry!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

Had a call today from a builder who had seen a travertine floor i had laid and wants me to do his tiling. Great i thought :thumbsup: He explained all of their jobs are high end jobs..Great i thought :thumbsup:. Ok he said i have a 80sqm kitchen that needs travertine laying..Ok when does it need laying. In two weeks he said...The job is 5 miles away so i said can i pop in and have a look tmro? Can you do it on friday as my guys will be there Screeding the floor :thumbsdown: Has it got underfloor heating? Yes he said, we are going to turn that on on Monday to dry the screed out ready for tiling :yikes: Then i mentioned Ditra and he said 'No way' far to expensive.:thumbsdown: Oh well you win some and loose some. :lol: Got the address so in a years time i will drop a card round to the customer to quote to replace the cracked tiles :lol:.

S

SandyFloor

Is anyone familiar with Mapei Topcem? It's a screed product which is used in place of cement and is ready for tiling over in 24 hours and any other covering in 4 days. Here's the spec. http://www.mapei.com/public/COM/products/207_topcem_gb.pdf

I'm on a job at the mo and it's been down three weeks 70mm floating over ufh but it was dry as a bone after a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jay

Is anyone familiar with Mapei Topcem? It's a screed product which is used in place of cement and is ready for tiling over in 24 hours and any other covering in 4 days. Here's the spec. http://www.mapei.com/public/COM/products/207_topcem_gb.pdf

I'm on a job at the mo and it's been down three weeks 70mm floating over ufh but it was dry as a bone after a week.

so whats the surface like .dusty or firm any sighns of spider cracks ect just out of interest

Reply to Good enquiry-Bad enquiry!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

got an 80m2 porcelain job upcoming ....seagrass carpet currently down on top of foam backed...
Replies
Views
hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
I recently got several loose/hollow tiles rebonded on my bathroom floor. Having left with...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Good enquiry-Bad enquiry!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.