Discuss Got these to try out in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

IMG_4087.JPG
Got this sealer to try after a couple of recommendations, I'll give some feedback on it tomorrow.

T

Time's Ran Out

@Localtiler - not sure what - 'you do not know the circumstances/finances behind this job' has to do with the picture!
I asked who tiled it and you wanted a smart reply.
Like all your remarks to my posts they border on offensive starting with your reply to my question - have you been tiling long? That was instigated with all your questions on 'How do....' etc.
Here we have a picture which you are proud to show and which clearly is not of an acceptable standard for a professional to leave IMHO .
In your reply above I note you haven't made a comment on the lippage!
Perhaps it would be better if I just ignore all your posts.
I'll just look at the pictures.

F

Flintstone

I see both sides but the deciding factor has to be. Have you been payed and is the customer happy that they got what they wanted ?
Thanks for the review I'll have to try it

Yes and yes Matt, the customer is over the moon, after dealing with floor problems from a dodgy extension and knackered joists, a terrible floor with an old hearth in there and bad levels, the budget did not stretch to floor levelling, she really wanted a slate floor and these were cheap so I did the best i could under those circumstances to make this lady get the floor she wanted and avoid having to deal with any more cowboy builders. I don't have to justify all this but anyway, that's the story. Moving on.

bansko

TF
Over the years I have used prob thousands of mtrs of this slate, it used to come in old crates and first impressions looked crap. However when it was laid and sealed it looked the dogs dangles we always laid ours half bond. It did vary in thickness from 3mm to maybe 30 mm which meant we went through one hell of a lot of adhesive for a solid bed fix, as for any bad lippage it was just a case of taking a hammer and chisel and slicing them off. As for uneven floors it's worth sorting the slate beforehand and maybe putting all the thin slate to one side for any high spots you encounter. Loved working with the stuff.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Got these to try out in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to source some specific tiles from Marazzi, but it seems most UK dealers are just...
Replies
Views
The grout is white and suffering from cooking stains so will be redoing. Was thinking of using...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB