Discuss Granite floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gentleman Jim

Hi colleagues!
Another question for you especially if you do a lot of natural stone work.
I have a small (3m2) floor to lay with granite tiles (600x300). They seemed to be highly polished so I guess they're factory finished. Do I need to seal them before laying, after laying and before grouting, after grouting, all three, or not at all? The sub. is concrete and flat so I was going to prime with APD first and then use a single part flexi adhesive, 1mm spacers and grey grout.
Any advice and/or info to go along with this would be gratefully recieved.
Regards
JIm

W

webby

I personally wouldn't bother to seal before I grouted.Depends on how confident you are.Having said that I very rarely seal limestone or travertine floors before I seal them either.After grouting I would put 1 coat of Lithofin Stainstop on polished granite with a lint free cloth.If screed is fairly new I would probably seal with primer.Older floors I wouldn't bother.Use single part flexible adhesive.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Granite floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB