UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Granite/Quartz Advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Lucy

Hi

We are buying our first home and having saved really hard we wanted to have granite or quartz floors in the bathroom/ensuite and kitchen...
The two options I'm looking at are black Star Galaxy Granite and Starlight Black Quartz.

I'm just a bit worried as the price seems to vary so much from one place to another...I've also read some scarey stories on here about quartz granite from a particular supplier curving/bowing and am worried about this.

I'd be really grateful for any advise as to reputable firms and reasonable prices for good quality floors. We've saved really hard and I'm just so scared that we will put alot of work into our home for something to go wrong with the tiles..

I live in Southampton have family in Swindon and Newcastle so we are willing to travel to get a good quality product/look further a field... but just want to make sure we dont get ripped off. I had been looking at a supplier in Langley Park, Co. Durham - The company Ive seen bad reviews about on here isnt names but it says they are situated in Crook, County Durham. If nobody is allowed to name this company can they please tell me if they think this may be the same supplier?? If it is I will give it a wide birth..

We have also been looking at a company in Bicester which looked quite reasonable. As anyone had any dealings with companies round there??

Any advise of help would be gratefully appreciated and any recommendations of tilers and what a reasonable quote per sq meter would also be appreciated as I must admit Im clueless :nonod:

Thanks
Lucy

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Matt

I'll copy my reply from the other thread :lol:

The company that the threads on this forum reference is Tiles Porcelain/Buy Tiles. They used to be located in Crook, but have recently moved.

We have a sister website called Tile HQ that sell both the Galaxy Granite and Starlight Quartz.

You can view them here:

Starlight Quartz Floor and Wall Tiles - Tile HQ

Granite Black Floor Tile - Granite Bathroom Tiles - Bathroom Tiles - Tile HQ

The picture of the Galaxy Granite doesn't show the bronze/gold flecks very well, but it does have them.

D

david campbell

:welcome:to the forum
i would look at tile giant for these tiles as they have some of the best i've worked with,they are about £120m2 depending on the size you are looking for but are much better quality and appearance than thos from b&q at just under £100m2,topps/cosmo also supply good quality granite quartz but most of the internet stuff i've laid or had samples of seem to be of b&q standard:thumbsdown:

L

Lucy

I'll copy my reply from the other thread :lol:

The company that the threads on this forum reference is Tiles Porcelain/Buy Tiles. They used to be located in Crook, but have recently moved.

We have a sister website called Tile HQ that sell both the Galaxy Granite and Starlight Quartz.

You can view them here:

Starlight Quartz Floor and Wall Tiles*-*Tile HQ

Granite Black Floor Tile*-*Granite Bathroom Tiles*-*Bathroom Tiles*-*Tile HQ

The picture of the Galaxy Granite doesn't show the bronze/gold flecks very well, but it does have them.

Hi
I rang Tiles HQ today and they said that the granite and quartz tiles come from Pilkingtons who have gone into administration and are a very good quality...Im just worried because Tiles Porcelain are also claiming they are selling Pilkingtons surplus stock from the administrator - If I get the tiles from Tile HQ these arent the same tiles everyone is commenting on from Tiles Porcelain are they??
Thanks Luce

M

Matt

Hi
I rang Tiles HQ today and they said that the granite and quartz tiles come from Pilkingtons who have gone into administration and are a very good quality...Im just worried because Tiles Porcelain are also claiming they are selling Pilkingtons surplus stock from the administrator - If I get the tiles from Tile HQ these arent the same tiles everyone is commenting on from Tiles Porcelain are they??
Thanks Luce

No, they are not the same tile.

The tiles from Tiles Porcelain do not come from Pilkingtons.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Granite/Quartz Advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Thanks for taking your time to read through this and really appreciate the support! So me and...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some expert advice and hopefully some reassurance.... I've just had a complete...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't...
Replies
Views
HI, Walls are prepped, have the right materials and tools, but still debating the layout on...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.