UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Granite splashback 300x300 ,before and after in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

thetileking

Just a few pics of a job done in Orpington in the week. Granite 300x300 , strange choice for a splashback but turned out great.
Another happy customer :smilewinkgrin:

WP_000002.jpg WP_000006 (1).jpg WP_000003.jpg WP_000010.jpg WP_000005 (1).jpg

Oh and anyone that can take the time to "like" our facebook page that would be great . Its a a new page ,so trying to build some fans.
Welcome to Facebook

Tile King Wall & floor tiler for tiling services in Hastings ,Tunbridge Wells ,Eastbourne ,Brighton ,Orpington, Bromley ,South London.Tiling contractor Sussex & Kent call 07890 6666 80 - So You Need A Tiler?

K

kendo1

IEE regulations 5.2.2.ii state that the switch must not be above hob. There is no stated distance for the offset, but generally it is accepted to be at least 300mm. You could get away with 200mm and not break the regs.
Greater than 300mm IS stated for sinks.

It doesn't matter what the customer wants.
The main problem will come when the property comes up for sale. I suspect that it will be a condition of sale that the socket is moved.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

thetileking

Like I said electrician was due to move socket but didn't due to a family bereavement. He will at a later date,its only a case of replacing 2 tiles .which the customer is happy to accept.

As we are providing a service Keeping the customer happy is paramount to us and doing the best possible tiling job we can. An we have achieved this with another happy customer and will more than likely get repeat business out of them.

We are well aware of the regulations and thank you for your input.

T

Time's Ran Out

It's a difficult situation when you turn up to a job and something isn't right. Unfortunately the socket is not only in the middle of the 'feature' area it is also illegal (as others have stated) and it has now put you in the unfortunate position of displaying work which will receive critical comments. However it does show that there is a lack of regulation within our trade for the customer to be allowed to break the law and for you to accept their decision and to continue when you were aware of the legal requirements.

Posts got crossed in space - glad they WILL get changed - but it will be 4 tiles to remove and replace so possibly half day and materials!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Granite splashback 300x300 ,before and after in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

B
i need a tiler for the splashback in my kitchen. It's L shaped, so it will be one wall 2.5m x...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
recently used lash clips on a bathroom and found them great. i know most tilers wouldn't touch...
Replies
Views
Alan M
A

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.