Discuss GREENE-BOARD any one used it ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rob Z

Again, let me be careful to say that I don't know if this is the same stuff, so I don't want to unfairly slag a product if it isn't the same thing....but the description sounds somewhat the same as the marketing literature that I got with the samples.

The samples they were sent to us were the worst substrate I could imagine to try and set tile over. I think I would set tile on MDF:yikes: before I would have tried the stuff that they sent to me.

The rep told us it cut easily with a utility knife (I don't know what you call these in the UK or OZ-a basic razor knife to cut drywall) but it turned out that the utility knife would barely scratch the surface coating.

The rep said it was an easy "score and snap" cut, and a basic drywall saw was all that was needed to cut holes. No way would a drywall saw plunge into this product nor would it cut it, and snapping a sheet was impossible. It turns out a grinder was the only way to cut it.

The rep said this board was suitable for thinset and plaster, but the surface was so slick and smooth nothing would stick to it.

The rep said it was a breeze to run fasteners through the panels, but you can guess by now how that went...

So the funny thing was that this rep kept calling me and the other guys that got samples, and we all kept relating all of the above observations to him, and his only response was to say that we didn't know what we were doing or that we needed to get used to the product, and then he wanted to sell us container loads and told us how much money would could make selling this crap to other contractors once we got the container.

What a typical tosser salesman he was...I told him I was a small scale contractor, and it would take me years and years to go through a container, even if I wanted the product, and that was no way to market his panels to 90% of the guys that would buy it (assuming they even wanted to). His response to me: "You'll never get ahead in life if you don't start to think of the bigger picture and that you could start now by buying a container and selling it for X% markup and make a lot of $$$$$ and ....."

I hung up on him at that point, and then when he kept calling back and leaving messages, he would say "Hi Rob, this is so-and-so, and I was wondering what you thought of those samples I sent to you?"

Then his messages turned into "Rob, this is so-and-so, you asked for me to send you samples, which I did. I spent a lot of money sending those from Canada and you really owe it to me to ....."

What a tool.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to GREENE-BOARD any one used it ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I'm planning on tiling my porch, and the tiles and adhesive will take up around 13mm of height...
Replies
Views
I'm about to tile my kitchen with 600mm x 600mm porcelain tiles. I am tiling onto a subfloor...
Replies
Views
I'm in the process of doing a small job using Hardie backer board for the walls. I've tried to...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

NORTH YORKSHIRE

Thread Information

Title
GREENE-BOARD any one used it ?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.