Discuss Grey grout dried different shade in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

stusgsx

It's pretty much all gone a shade of white. Not patchy. I've read up about it and could be too much water when wiping down but I only gave it 1 wipe as I knew I was coming back so could clean it better then. Also could be from it being too cold which would make sense as there's no heating there or moisture from behind escaping but it's on to cement board and tiles were up for at least 24 hours. I grouted over part of one wall and will see how that drys but I want to know what's caused it

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
im finding bal grouts a bit of a pain just latley for drying patchy, mainly the grey super flex and the limestone, im thinking of switching to weber..

I've not used BAL for a long time but did use the limestone last week, due to matching up with tile colour and found it dried very even in colour.

S

stusgsx

I re grouted one of the walls but it hasn't dried as dark as the wall that came out how it should but it's better than it was. What is the solution to this? Could this just be a dodgy bag that dried a lot lighter? Raking the whole lot out will be near impossible without damaging anything If I go in there and start colouring in the grout then the customer is going to think I'm lashing it!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Grey grout dried different shade in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB