Discuss Grey Limestone in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

detiling

Hello all,

A friend of mine has a wet room tiled with grey limestone and is having a problem with white patches within the shower area. I have attached a couple of photos, just wondering if any of you stone experts are able to diagnose the cause and a possible solution. Job was done about 18months ago and this starting happening about 6 months ago. Was sealed with LTP mattstone.

Thanks in advance.

20151015_170831.jpg 20151015_170823.jpg

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

ok looking at this it was over sealed leaving a layer on the surface the hot water from the shower is melting it but not enghouht to release so what you are seeing is happening between the tile and the seal strip off that top layer of seal. test for sealing on the tile after. few beads of water will do does it sit on the surface or soak in .if it sits on the suface leave it alone .if not reseal but dont over seal . just a guess

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Grey Limestone in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Q
I spoke to a fellow tiler the other day who laid a small tumbled limestone (medium grey colour...
Replies
Views
M
We had black limestone laid in May this year. At first it looked great... It had 2 coats of...
Replies
Views
Jelthetiler
J
H
Hi there, I am at a loss about how to go about figuring out the reason over 50 tiles on the...
Replies
Views
Hannah
H
A
Hi all, I have recently had an Indian Sandstone installed in Oxfordshire, after some thought I...
Replies
Views
DavidK
D
R
Hi all. A friend of mine has just moved house and has asked me into do a spot of tiling...
Replies
Views
Perfect Tiling
P
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB