Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Grey or Ivory grout for a floor? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dancuprar

I am laying 30m2 of sabia cream porcelain tiles in my kitchen diner. We would like to use an ivory grout like the tiles on the sample board that we saw. Is it going to look crap in a few years when half the grout has gone black? The salesman in the tile shop showed me some grout sealer that he said would help to stop the dirt soaking into the grout making it easier to clean.

Any one had ivory grout down on a floor for a while that can advise?

Thanks

T

Time's Ran Out

Morning - we've had Mapei Jasmin grout 130 down on a Travertine floor for over 3 years now and its as good as the day it was laid! Mind you it doesn't get the spills/dirt of a Kitchen and I find the veining in the stone has an extra feature that you wont have with a plain tile.
IMO keep the grout as close to the tile colour as possible - but this can provide the cleaning issues you ae concerned with.
Again IMO, with light coloured tiles a darker joint overshadows the tile and you are left with 'lines'.
It is a question that is often discussed with a customer and unless I've had initial design input, I offer them the colour charts and let them choose! Saying that I've only used Jasmine130,Beige132, various shades of light Grey, Black and Limestone for many a year now.

Reply to Grey or Ivory grout for a floor? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Need to choose a grout for the above. For the black floor tiles 300x600 am thinking either...
Replies
Views
Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We have red quarry tiles in our indoor entrance hall and my wife would like to paint...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Grey or Ivory grout for a floor?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.