Discuss Grey or white adhesive with grey limestone? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

I spoke to a fellow tiler the other day who laid a small tumbled limestone (medium grey colour tiles) on a kitchen floor using white rapid set (Mapei Keraquick). He is now paranoid he should have used grey addy instead but has reported no bleed through or any other issues.

Just got me thinking (as I've only ever fixed light coloured limestone) what everybody else would use.....(grey or white). I would probably have used white also to be fair.

Photo of same tiles he fixed are below...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414163125.766969.jpg

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Just wondering if anyone has ever done a comparison to see if it dose make that much difference. ..

Aye I would be curious too,I've got a limestone job coming up ( plus a geometric hallway in the same house, 1st one, I'm excited) so I will test a bit with grey and white.
Prob make no difference at all [emoji85][emoji86][emoji87]

Just a question,has anybody ever had bleed thru,I always stick to lighter tiles white addy,darker tiles grey addy,but many moons ago when I did my first light limestone floor the customer supplied the adhesive which was grey and not knowing then about any info on the problems of bleed thru we laid the floor, went back ten years later and it still look ok and this was all supplied with the kitchen from Harrods.

Just wondering if anyone has ever done a comparison to see if it dose make that much difference. ..

I have done a job where I ran out of white addy and used grey on light limestone, the few with grey were buttered like the rest and haven't shadowed or shown any difference.

Just a question,has anybody ever had bleed thru,I always stick to lighter tiles white addy,darker tiles grey addy,but many moons ago when I did my first light limestone floor the customer supplied the adhesive which was grey and not knowing then about any info on the problems of bleed thru we laid the floor, went back ten years later and it still look ok and this was all supplied with the kitchen from Harrods.

Your joints must have been pretty clean, as you know it will shadow/patchy the grout and tiles

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Grey or white adhesive with grey limestone? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views
I'm having a nightmare trying to establish product info from distributors. For example...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB