Discuss Grout 2 different colours | Grount Colourant Reccomended? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Phil Smith

Hello,

So this was the first time I have grouted, I think I made the mistake of grouting the floor in 2 different sessions and as a result the grout lines are 2 different shades of grey, you can probably see from the picture that some lines are lighter than others.

I want the grout lines to be dark grey, I have read about Grout Colourant but I would like some advice, are there any issues using this, and can anyone recommend a product to use?

Thanks! Phil

What picture ???

Yes what pic indeed.

It must be remembered that even if you are grouting two sessions with the same grout, how much water in the mix can also drastically affect the shade at the end.

To the same ends the same applies to washing off, using a washboy puts more water on and can change the shade of the grout massively, especially when washing of strongly pigmented grout.

We have seen anthracite and black grouts appear blue after washing off with a washboy.

W

White Room

Yes what pic indeed.

It must be remembered that even if you are grouting two sessions with the same grout, how much water in the mix can also drastically affect the shade at the end.

To the same ends the same applies to washing off, using a washboy puts more water on and can change the shade of the grout massively, especially when washing of strongly pigmented grout.

We have seen anthracite and black grouts appear blue after washing off with a washboy.

Trouble is they can't produce a pure black, so there either a very deep brown or blue.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Grout 2 different colours | Grount Colourant Reccomended? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there. I recently tiled a shower floor with a basalt mosaic tile. I used kerapoxy for the...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB