UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Grout for white metro tiles and black floor tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi,

Need to choose a grout for the above. For the black floor tiles 300x600 am thinking either Mapei black or Larson colourfast anthracite (as have bag of this available) if the Mapei is too black. The floor tiles themselves aren’t jet black so the Mapei black might be too black though do like look of the tiles at front of first photo of the tiles here: Lounge Black Matt Porcelain Wall & Floor Tile | Tile Mountain - https://www.tilemountain.co.uk/lounge-black-matt-porcelain. Not sure if on drying the Mapei black is more of a charcoal / v v dark grey anyway? I’m looking for the grout to blend in as much as poss with the tiles. Anyone got experience of these grouts for this kind of tile?

For the white metro tiles in shower enclosure I’m looking for a reasonably strong grey but not black/ v dark grey. Hence thinking Mapei 113 grey rather than 114 anthracite (or Larsson anthracite) though not sure if 113 might be too weak in terms of contrast between tiles. Will always be seen under artificial light as bathroom doesn’t have windows. Any views / experience of choice of greys from the Mapei range for the white metro tiles?

thks

Reply to Grout for white metro tiles and black floor tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone, Our tiler has done a really amazing job with our kitchen flooring, but has used a...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi I would like to use some indoor tiles outside on the top of my fish pond wall, the tiles I am...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.