Discuss Grout hase on limestone in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

jobdone

TF
Esteemed
Chobham
Just laid 30m limestone. All sealed with stain stop 3 days prior to laying. went down well and grouted very well with Ardex fl. The faces were washed straight away and then the joints finished as soon as the grout was ready.
When the grout was set they were given a hot wash and a buff with a towel.
The light was not great so going back Monday morning to have a look.
The tiles were pitted on the top not all over but in places so held a bit of grout i don't think this is unacceptable but the tiles did not look clean and buffed all over.
If there is a haze on the stone what do you all recommend to remove it. Would cement residue remover be to harsh for the stone?
I dont want to go back and seal it(mid week) if it will need cleaning first.

Many thanks in advance

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Hampshire
Please do not use the cement res remover , this is acidic , grout in the deeper holes may need to stay there , but you could use a light alkali cleaner perhaps our Power clean ,dilute 1-3 use a white pad and test. Rinse and towel buff.
you may have a slight grout smear and poss bit of excess polymer this should clear it and not damage the stone, also re water test to ensure after clean you are still fully impregnated .
Ideally if the clean has cut back on impregnator you will need to top up , but the stone and grout will need to be fully dry after this clean back.

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Hampshire
Thank you Bob power clean did the job does take some rinsing though.

Thats great mate, can be hard graft to rinse several times as can foam, I use large aqua vacs restoration wise, if you guys ever need to clean back a larger area, wet vacs can be hired for the day from most hire co, this will save hige amounts of time, also David's suggestion of clean and buff with a machine, yes these are expensive for occasional use , but again can be hired with the pads, can sometime make life easier and save time over rental cost.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Grout hase on limestone in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi all. After living in my property for over 7 years I've recently discovered the type of tile...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB