Discuss Grout - How black is black? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

Joanna Cleaver

Hi, i'm very new to this and have a few questions. I'm planning on having a bash at recreating the artist Banksy's flower thrower. It's predominantly a black and white image that i'm doing.
i've managed to sketch a good copy onto a piece of 8mm plywood that's about 600mm sq.
I'm thinking of cutting and fixing the black tiles first and then grouting with black grout or as black as i can get
So first question is what recommendations anyone may have on black grout?

When this part is complete i'm wondering whether it's possible to coat the first part in any type of removable protective layer like wax for instance that i can wash off after with a hot wash? or is this out of the question? Any suggestions gratefully received!

The next step would be to cut & fix all the white tiles and then complete with a white grout or possibly a light grey to highlight it but the idea being that i want to prevent the white/grey and black grouts from contaminating one another as much as possible.

Jo

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Grout - How black is black? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom being refurbished. A load of things have been rushed like some loosely rollered (not...
Replies
Views
Our tile installer abandoned our new installation project. A smaller section of cut tile...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I work in an architectural office and we completed an elementary school over the summer. We...
Replies
Views
This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB